What's going on?
Located directly in front of the Best Western Plus Gatineau-Ottawa for 107 days, Jacques-Cartier Park will host the biggest horticultural event in Canada, with MOSAÏCANADA 150/Gatineau 2017. Mosaiculture is a most spectacular horticultural technique that combines the following different art forms:
- sculpture for the structure,
- paint for the palette of colours, and
- horticulture as the means of creating living and changing artworks with plants.
The theme of the Gatineau exhibit will reflect 150 years of history, values, culture and arts in Canada, represented by some 40 different arrangements. Admission to the MOSAÏCANADA 150/Gatineau 2017 exhibit in Jacques-Cartier Park will be free. The exhibit will be in the form of a route extending over almost one kilometre. Each visit will last approximately 90 minutes.
- Main Entrance is on the corner of Laurier and Saint-Étienne. Show the plan
- Dates : from June 30 to October 15 2017
- Opening Hours : everyday from 10 am to 7 pm (open at 3 pm on June 30th)
- Rain or shine, please dress accordingly
- The site is accessible for people with reduced mobility
- Not required for hotel client, simply walk across the street to main entrance of event!
- Guided tours will be offered daily, throughout the day.
- Cost of guided tours is 10 $ per person. The activity is free of charge for children 13 and under